New Youtube Channel

Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA
Please subscribe!

Monday, February 9, 2009

2 Cakes and 2 Birthdays



I'm grabbing every opportunity to make birthday cakes to practise cake decorating.
Hannah's birthday was yesterday, and I made her a cake with strawberry filling, her favourite.
During Lydia's 1st birthday, she kept on telling me how good the cake was, so I made the same cake for her birthday, with different decoration, definately.





I made some mistakes, should've made the words using the same colours for the same letter. Due to space restraints, the words looked like scattered candies, rather than words, except for the capital H.



The kids couldn't wait to have the candies...




After Hannah's birthday party, it's my mom's turn.
Actually, her birthday's 2 weeks back, but I was in confinement, so the candle blowing was postponed to today. Mom didn't want "publicity", so she didn't want to bring her cake to KFC and blow it together with Hannah. We did it after the party, just among family members.




Neapolitan Yogurt Cheesecake, a personal creation.





The cake 's side was a bit crumbled... logistics fault. He he!


4 comments:

  1. I've seen most of your cakes, eg. piano cake, face cake etc... They looked so pro and if you didnt note that you made them I'd have thought that you brought them. You're so talented, keep up the good work!!! 好西利!

    超崇拜的说 ^^

    Kelly(新西兰)

    ReplyDelete
  2. can u pls share the recipe for rectangular cake if its ok with u which u drizzled chocolate on it ...
    is it 9x13 cake pan pls let me know at the earliest as i plan to do it for my sons birthday thanks again for ur wonderful recipes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sammy,
    The sponge of the cake is the same as Strawberry Mirror Cake 1. Sponge cakes are versatile, you can decorate it anyway you want.
    I baked it thinly, about 1 inch tall, filled and stacked. the recipe is not meant to be baked thick, so you might reconsider baking it in a 9X13. How big you want it, you have to bake it in 1 inch tall sheets, cut and stack.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

If you have tried any of the recipes and blogged about it, please provide a link so that others may have a look at it too :)

FOR NON BLOGGERS:
Please select profile and click "Name/URL" if u do not have any profiles on any of those listed, type in the name (leave the URL empty)

It's not nice to call you ANONYMOUS, so please leave a name.
From 15/11/13 onwards, I will NOT reply comments with no name.

Only comments on posts older than 24 hours will be moderated :)
You won't see them appearing immediately if it's not a fresh post.






Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...